Australian women cricket team on 6 April 2014 won the Women’s World Twenty20 Cup 2014 cup defeating England in the final match in Mirpur, Dhaka. It defeated England by six wickets with 29 balls left to be bowled. This was the third successive Women’s World Twenty20 title won by Australian women’s cricket team.
• Australia’s captain – Meg Lanning (she was the highest scorer of the tournament with 257 runs)
• England’s captain – Charlotte Edwards
• Player of the match – SJ Coyte (Australia)
• Player of the series – A Shrubsole (England) for taking 12 wickets in the tournament
• Group A: Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Pakistan, Ireland
• Group B: England, West Indies, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh
ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014 Tournament
The ICC World Twenty20 Bangladesh 2014 was held from 16 March to 6 April 2014. In overall a total of 62 tournament matches were played (35 men’s and 27 women’s) across Chittagong, Dhaka and Sylhet in the 22-day tournament.
Ellyse Alexandra Perry, the Australian all-rounder, is also the football player in Australian football team.
When: 6 April 2014
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.