State-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) on 29 December 2015 commissioned a 660 MW unit of Prayagraj Super Thermal Power Project at Bara in Allahabad district of Uttar Pradesh.
The Prayagraj Super Thermal Power Project is the first supercritical thermal unit in the state to achieve capacity addition on attaining full load. Super-critical units are more efficient and eco-friendly as they consume lesser coal.
In addition, it is a greenfield thermal power project. The project is owned by Prayagraj Power Generation Company Limited (PPGCL), a subsidiary company of Jaiprakash Power Ventures Limited.
About Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd
• Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL) is a power plant equipment manufacturer.
• It is owned by the Government of India.
• It was established in 1964.
• Heavy Electricals (India) Limited was merged with BHEL in 1974.
• It is India's largest engineering and manufacturing company of its kind.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Commissioned by BHEL
When: 29 December 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.