State-run telecom company Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) on July 11, 2018 launched its first internet telephony service ‘Wings’ that will allow users to dial any telephone number in India through its mobile app.
With the launch of this service, the BSNL customers will be able to make calls to any phone number in the country using the mobile app.
The launch of this app came after the Telecom Commission, highest-decision making body of the Department of Telecom, had allowed companies who hold valid telecom licence, to provide app-based calling service even by using wi-fi connection.
Prior to this app, BSNL customers were able to make phone calls on mobile apps only to the users of a particular app and not on telephone numbers.
Highlights of the Wings App
• The Wings app will allow customers to make unlimited calls by paying annual fee of Rs 1099.
• Using this service, BSNL customers will be able to make calls on any network in the country even by using BSNL wi-fi or any other service provider.
• The app will be linked to a mobile number that will be issued by BSNL and it is not mandatory for Wings app user to apply for company’s mobile and landline connection separately.
• The service provider will be required to comply with all the interception and monitoring related requirements and calls will be charged by telecom operators and all rules related to normal calls will be applicable on them.
• The registration for this service will start soon and the services will be activated from July 25, 2018 onwards.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports