CIPET signed MoU with Karnataka Government to set up Advanced Polymer Laboratory in Bengaluru
It will compliment a number of projects of ISRO, DRDO, Department of Science and Technology, CSIR and other public and private sector organizations.
Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET), under the Union Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers on 3 February 2016 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Karnataka Government to set up Advanced Polymer Design and Development Research Laboratory cum High Learning Centre at Bengaluru.
The State Government share 50 percent of project cost apart from allotting the required land for the centre.
Union Government will bear the remaining 50 Percent and act as a multi-functional one-step facility with specialization in product development in Polymer sector.
Features of the Advanced Polymer Design and Development Research Laboratory
• The Laboratory would be set with all modern equipment and machinery with an estimated investment of 87 crore rupees.
• It will also conduct Research and development, product tests and evaluations and commercialization of technology.
• It will play an important role in developing new Plastics Technologies, Processes and Products to enhance the use of plastics for promotion of industries and betterment of the people.
• It will establish a strong relationship with industries, especially for design and development of advanced polymers, micro fluidic device development and manufacturing techniques for medical and electronics etc.
• It will also compliment a number of projects of ISRO, DRDO, Department of Science and Technology, CSIR and other public and private sector organizations.
• It would also help India to address various global issues such as requirement of light weight components, nano-composites, high performance coatings, flame retardant polymers, increased use of plastic in agriculture and construction, and tailor-made polymer solution for various industries.
About Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET)
• It is a premier national Institution devoted to Academic, Technology Support and Research (ATR) activities for the growth of Polymer & allied industries in the country.
• It operates on hub and spokes model with 28 locations across the country out of which 5 centers have been added during the year 2015-16.
• It conduct diploma and UG/PG programmes, undertake research, and provide technology support to industry by way of designing , tooling, moulding, testing quality control etc.
• It has been recognised by Department of Scientific and Industrial Research (DSIR) as a scientific and research organisation in the field of Plastics Engineering and Technology.
• It has signed a Memorandum of Agreement with several leading International Universities for faculty and student exchange Programs, bilateral Research and Development initiatives and collaborative research projects.
• It has established very good interaction with Regional and National Plastics Associations in India.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App