Congress leader and Rajya Sabha member Haji Abdul Salam passed away on 28 February 2017 following a brief illness. He was 69.
Haji Abdul Salam was the first Manipuri Muslim to be a member of the Rajya Sabha from the state of Manipur.
About Haji Abdul Salam
• Born on 1 March 1948 at Heibong Makhong in Thoubal district of Manipur, Haji Abdul Salam was a Member of Parliament.
• He belonged to the Indian National Congress political party.
• He represented Manipur State in the Rajya Sabha (the upper house of India's Parliament) for the second term of 2014 until his demise.
• He had been representing the state in the upper house since 2014.
• He was elected to the 3rd, 6th and 8th Manipur Legislative Assembly from Wabagai assembly constituency.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.