Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of February 2015 will be of immense help for the students. The questions provided covers major events that have any likelihood of being asked in any competitive exams like IAS/PCS, SSC, Banking and MBA.
1. India-Sri Lanka relations under the Maithripala Sirisena-led government in Sri Lanka is undergoing a major change especially with respect to China. Critically analyse the developments in strategic relationship between India and Sri Lanka since the appointment of Maithripala Sirisena as the President of Sri Lanka.
2. Discuss the major recommendations of the 14th Finance Commission. Also analyse the impact of major recommendations with respect to more devolution of tax share to states on fiscal federalism in India.
3. Write short note on following personalities in not more than 50 words:
(i) YV Reddy
(ii) Daggubati Ramanaidu
(iii) Manuel Valls
(iv) Anil Kumble
(v) Mikhailovich Bogachev
(vi) Abdul Jabbar
(vii) Mohamed Nasheed
(viii) Kolinda Grabar-Kitarovic
(ix) Tapan Mishra
(x) Boris Nemtsov
4. Discuss the five major themes on which the tax proposals of Union Budget 2015-15 are based. Will these five themes be helpful in the fiscal consolidation process?
5. Bring out the main provisions of Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Bill. How far will it go in addressing the problem of black money in India? Discuss.
6. Examine the measures proposed in the Railway Budget 2015-16 to improve of quality of life during train journeys.
7. Write on following developments in the field of science & technology in not more than 100 words:
(i) Project 17-A
(ii) Falcon 9 rocket
(iii) SDSS J0 100+2802
(iv) ReEBOV Antigen rapid test kit
(v) 3D printed jet engine
8. Write on following developments in the field of environment & ecology in not more than 100 words:
(ii) Friends for Life Project
(iii) Marcia and Lam
(iv) Ulva paschima Bast
(v) Soil Moisture Active Passive
9. Bring out the new formula for Oil Subsidy Sharing proposed by the Union Oil Ministry. How this formula will help in addressing the problem of under-recoveries affecting the oil companies in India? Discuss.
10. What is swine flu? Enumerate the steps taken by the Union government in dealing with Swine flu in India.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.