Descriptive Questions brought to you by Jagranjosh.com for the month of January 2015 will be of immense help for the students. The questions provided covers major events that have any likelihood of being asked in any competitive exams like IAS/PCS, SSC, Banking and MBA.
1. Write short notes on following personalities in not more than 50 words.
(i) RK Laxman
(ii) Shirani Bandarnayake
(iii) Evana Paul
(iv) Joseph Vaz
(v) Puja Thakur
(vi) Hari Shankar Brahma
(vii) Pankaj Nihalani
(viii) Subhash Ghising
(ix) Paulina Vega
(x) Prabhu Nath Dwivedi
2. “India-US relations since the visit of Prime Minister of Narendra Modi to the US in September 2014 had been more symbolic and less substantive.” Critically analyse the statement with respect to recent developments in India-US ties.
3. Briefly discuss the composition and nature of NITI Aayog. Examine whether the replacement of 60-year old Planning Commission with NITI Aayog will serve the purpose of federalism along with taking the overall planning to a new level.
4. Briefly discuss the following in not more than 200 words
(i) Oxfam report on wealth inequality across the world
(ii) World Employment and Social Outlook 2015
(iii) Report on Non-Communicable diseases’
(iv) 18th National Conference on e-Governance
(v) ASER Report 2014
5. Discuss briefly the Status of Tigers in India and analyse the measures undertaken to conserve tigers in India.
6. Global Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) is highly correlated with the fragility of the global economy, political uncertainty and geopolitical risks. In this context, discuss and analyse the major highlights of Global Investment Trends Monitor Report released by UNCTAD. Also bring out the issues that are plaguing the flow of foreign direct investment in India.
7. Write on following developments in science & technology in not more than 100 words
(ii) Guardian of the Skies
(iii) ICBM Agni-V missile
(iv) Mitochondria Donation Technique
(v) India-based Neutrino Observatory
8. Examine the National Green Tribunal (NGT) directions to clean Yamuna under Maily se Nirmal Yamuna Revitalization Plan 2017. Do you think this will help in making the Yamuna pollution free? If not, suggest other measures to revitalize Yamuna.