Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like termite species named Glyptotermes Chiraharitae, 2016 China Open and 24th Ekalabya Award among others.
1. NASA’s Hubble Space Telescope recently detected Great Balls of Fire near which of the following stars?
d) V Hydrae
2. A new termite species named Glyptotermes Chiraharitae was recently discovered at
a) Madhya Pradesh
d) Tamil Nadu
3. Who won the 2016 China Open Women's Singles title?
a) Johanna Konta
b) Agnieszka Radwanska
c) Serene Williams
d) Svetlana Kuznetsova
4. Who won the 2016 China Open Men's Singles title?
a) Andy Murray
b) Grigor Dimitrov
c) Novak Djokovic
d) None of the above
5. Who won the 2016 Sveriges Riksbank Prize in Economic Sciences in Memory of Alfred Nobel?
a) Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom
b) David J Thouless and F Duncan
c) Jean-Pierre and J Fraser Stoddart
d) Peter Englund and Seamus Heaney
6. Who was appointed as China's Ambassador to India recently?
a) Zhou Pingjian
b) Xiong Bo
c) Le Yucheng
d) Luo Zhaohui
7. What is the theme for the 2016 International Day of the Girl Child?
a) Girls' Progress = Goals' Progress: What Counts for Girls
b) Ending Child Marriage
c) Empowering Adolescent Girls: Ending the Cycle of Violence
d) The Power of Adolescent Girl: Vision for 2030
8. Who won the 24th Ekalabya Award for the year 2016?
a) Dutee Chand
b) Srabani Nanda
c) Anil Kumar Prakash
d) Dipsan Tirkey
9. Who was appointed as the Brand Ambassador of Vizag Steel recently?
a) Dipa Karmakar
b) P V Sindhu
c) Saina Nehwal
d) Sakshi Malik
10. Name the country that vetoed the UN Security Council draft resolution demanding an end to the bombing of Aleppo city in Syria.
c) United Kingdom
d) United States
11. What was the theme for World Mental Health Day that was observed on 10 October 2016?
a) Mental health and older adults
b) Dignity in mental health
c) Living with schizophrenia
d) Psychological first aid
12. India’s first centre for international arbitration was launched in which city of India.
13. Name the Nobel Prize winner of 2016 who declared that he/she will donate the prize money to help the victims of the 52-year conflict in his country.
a) Bengt Holmstrom
b) Juan Manuel Santos
c) Oliver Hart
d) Bernard L. Feringa
14. Who of the following clinched the women's singles of the Russian Open Grand Prix at Vladivostok?
a) Ruthvika Shivani Gadde
b) Evgeniya Kosetskaya
c) P. C. Thulasi
d) Ashwini Ponnappa
15. Who of the following clinched the mixed doubles titles of the Russian Open Grand Prix at Vladivostok?
a) N Sikki Reddy and Pranaav Chopra
b) Vladimir Ivanov and Valeria Sorokina
c) N Sikki Reddy and Vladimir Ivanov
d) Pranaav Chopra and Valeria Sorokina
1. (a) Girls' Progress = Goals' Progress: What Counts for Girls
2. (d) V Hydrae
3. (c) Kerala
4. (b) Agnieszka Radwanska
5. (a) Andy Murray
6. (a) Oliver Hart and Bengt Holmstrom
7. (d) Luo Zhaohui
8. (b) Srabani Nanda
9. (b) P V Sindhu
10. (a) Russia
11. (d) Psychological First Aid
12. (d) Mumbai
13. (b) Juan Manuel Santos
14. (a) Ruthvika Shivani Gadde
15. (a) N Sikki Reddy and Pranaav Chopra
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.