Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like World Elder Abuse Awareness Day, Jupiter-like planet, Kepler-1647b and report on environmental crime among others.
1. World Elder Abuse Awareness Day observed globally on 15 June 2016 was adopted by UNGA via a resolution adopted in the year?
2. A Jupiter-like planet, Kepler-1647b, orbiting a system of two stars was found by the scientists in which constellation?
3. Who was recently elected as the President of 71st session of United Nations General Assembly?
a) Mogens Lykketoft
b) Andreas Mavroyiannis
c) Peter Thomson
d) None of the above
4. The United Nations General Assembly recently elected which of the following countries as Chair of UN Sixth Committee, also called Law Committee?
5. Union Government approved a series of measures for the abatement of pollution and for the conservation and preservation of lakes in which city?
6. According to a new research led by the University of Southampton, identify the kind of fossils that provide evidence of the number of species that can exist on Earth.
a) Snail-like fossils
b) Grape-like fossils
c) Spongy Fossils
d) Popcorn-like fossils
7. Name the Florida based bank which will become the first US bank to issue credit card for use in Cuba by Americans.
a) Stonegate Bank
b) Wells Fargo Bank
c) SunTrust Bank
d) USAmeri Bank
8. What is the title of the report released jointly by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) and INTERPOL on environmental crime?
a) The Environmental Crime Report
b) The Rise of Environmental Crime
c) The End of Environmental Crime
d) The Fall of Environmental Crime
9. What is the name of the solitary dwarf galaxy – touted to be the most isolated galaxy – that was captured by the Hubble Telescope?
b) Hot Jupiter
c) UGC 4879
d) None of these
10. Who became the first Indian Cricketer to score a century in his debut ODI Match?
a) KL Rahul
b) Robin Uthappa
c) Manish Pandey
d) Md Azharuddin
11. Name the project on the River Ganga that is being developed between Allahabad and Haldia covering a distance of 1620 kms to enable commercial navigation.
a) Pavitra Ganga Project
b) Jal Marg Vikas Project
c) Holy Ganga Project
d) Ganga Vikas Project
12. In which districts did the Telangana government ordered to set up a Pharma City on 12500 acres of land?
a) Nalgonda and Hyderabad
b) Khammam and Karimnagar
c) Rangareddy and Mahbubnagar
d) Medak and Warangal
13. Name the renowned Hindi writer who died in June 2016 and was the Editor at All India Radio from 1962 to 1976?
b) Rakesh Pandey
c) Rajesh Rastogi
d) Sumit Maggo
14. Which three countries participated in the Malabar Exercise 2016?
a) France, Italy and Japan
b) United States, China and India
c) India, United States and Japan
d) China, Sri Lanka and United States
15. India on 13 June 2016 signed three bilateral agreements to strengthen co-operation with which country?
1. (c) 2011
2. (b) Cygnus
3. (c) Peter Thomson
4. (b) Israel
5. (b) Bengaluru
6. (d) Popcorn-like fossils
7. (a) Stonegate Bank
8. (b) The Rise of Environmental Crime
9. (c) UGC 4879
10. (a) KL Rahul
11. (b) Jal Marg Vikas Project
12. (c) Rangareddy and Mahbubnagar
13. (a) Mudrarakshasa
14. (c) India, United States and Japan
15. (c) Ghana
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.