15 May 2017: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh.com wants to help every aspirant of competitive exams to revise the day at an ease. These quizzes will help you in answering questions which can/may be asked in the next exam that will be faced by you. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like base year of Wholesale Price Index (WPI) and Index of Industrial Production (IIP) revised, Spanish Grand Prix and International Day of Families.
1. Which Indian airport has become the busiest single-runway airport in the world with 1 flight in 65 seconds?
a) Indira Gandhi International Airport
b) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
c) Kempegowda International Airport
d) Chennai International Airport
2. NASA Scientists have detected what unusual element on the distant Neptune sized planet?
a) Strong Water Signature
b) Hydrogen Gas emission
c) Ice Caps
d) Hot Surface Temperature
3. Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched river conservation project ‘Narmada Seva Mission’ in which state?
b) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
4. Home Minister Rajnath Singh inaugurated the second meeting of National Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (NPDRR) in which city?
c) New Delhi
5. Which Indian manufacturing sector registered a record growth last financial year?
a) Handloom sector
b) Coir sector
c) Jute Sector
d) Cotton Sector
6. Who was appointed as Secretary of Department of Telecommunications (DoT)?
a) Aruna Sundararajan
b) PK Pujari
c) J S Deepak
d) Manju Jha
7. Which city topped the 2017 Savills Tech Cities Index?
c) San Francisco
d) New York
8. Name the malicious software that affected various computers recently and restricted users' access to it until a ransom is paid to unlock it?
9. Name the health worker in Ganjam district of Odisha, who bagged the prestigious Florence Nightingale award 2017.
a) Savita Lenka
b) Vibhuti Das
c) Debashree Panda
d) Krishna Kumari
10. What was the theme of 2017 International Mother’s Day?
a) Every Mother knows
b) Safe Motherhood
c) Motherhood and Health
d) Motherhood and Social Order
11. India’s expanded Preferential Trade Agreement (PTA) with this country will come into effect from 16 May 2017.
12. He won the men’s singles title of the Madrid Open of Tennis.
a) Novak Djokovic
b) Roger Federer
c) Dominic Thiem
d) Rafael Nadal
13. International Day of Families was observed on 15 May 2017 with this theme for the year.
a) Ensuring work family balance
b) Families, healthy lives and sustainable future
c) Families, education and well-being
d) Changing Families: Challenges and Opportunities
14. He won the Spanish Grand Prix in May 2017.
a) Sebastian Vettel
b) Lewis Hamilton
c) Valtteri Bottas
d) Daniel Ricciardo
15. The government has revised the base year of Wholesale Price Index (WPI) and Index of Industrial Production (IIP) from 2004-05 to
1. (b) Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
2. (a) Strong Water Signature
3. (b) Madhya Pradesh
4. (c) New Delhi
5. (b) Coir Sector
6. (a) Aruna Sundararajan
7. (b) Austin
8. (c) Ransomware
9. (d) Krishna Kumari
10. (a) Every Mother knows
11. (a) Chile
12. (d) Rafael Nadal
13.(c) Families, education and well-being
14. (b) Lewis Hamilton
15. (b) 2011-2012