Current Affairs Quiz: 17 March 2020
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as new Rajya Sabha nomination, permanent commission for women in Navy and first human trial of COVID-19 vaccine among others.
17 March 2020: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as new Rajya Sabha nomination, permanent commission for women in Navy and first human trial of COVID-19 vaccine among others.
1. Who was recently nominated to the Rajya Sabha by President Ram Nath Kovind?
a) Dipak Misra
b) Jagdish Singh Khehar
c) Ranjan Gogoi
d) SA Bobde
2. Who granted permanent commission for women in the Indian Navy?
b) Supreme Court
d) Delhi HC
3. Which state has started Kaushal Satrang Yojana?
b) Uttar Pradesh
4. India is going to construct three school buildings in which country as per the MoU signed on March 16, 2020?
c) Sri Lanka
5. How many Sanskrit Universities have been given the status of Central University in India?
6. Which state has cancelled the Chaitra Jatra festival as a preventive measure to stop the spread of COVID-19 virus?
b) Tamil Nadu
7. Which nation has initiated the first human trial to evaluate vaccine against COVID-19?
8. The birth centenary of Sheikh Mujibur Rahman was celebrated on March 17, 2020. He was the first President of which nation?
1. (c) Ranjan Gogoi
President Ram Nath Kovind has nominated former Chief Justice of India Ranjan Gogoi to the Rajya Sabha on March 16, 2020. Currently, there are 11 nominated members in the upper house of the Parliament. One seat was left vacant due to the retirement of senior lawyer KTS Tulsi.
2. (b) Supreme Court
The Supreme Court on March 17, 2020 allowed women officers to take up permanent commission in the Indian Navy, stating that men and women officers should be treated equally.
3. (b) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh state government has launched Kaushal Satrang Yojana to develop the skilled manpower and to provide more employment opportunities. UP Government has sanctioned Rs. 100 crore for this scheme.
4. (b) Nepal
India and Nepal have signed a MoU to construct three school buildings in Darchula, Dhanusha and Kapilavastu districts. India and Nepal have been sharing cultural, religious and social relations for a long time.
5. (b) Three
The three institutions that have been given the status of Central University through the Bill are - Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan Delhi (founded in 1970), Lal Bahadur Shastri Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth Delhi (founded in 1962) and Rashtriya Sanskrit Vidyapeeth Tirupati (established in 1961).
6. (c) Odisha
The famous annual Chaitra Jatra festival was scheduled to be held on March 17, 2020 at Tara Tarini hill temple in Odisha. Now, it has been cancelled as a preventive measure to stop the spread of COVID-19 virus.
7. (d) US
The United States has initiated the first human trial of COVID-19 vaccine in Seattle. The trial will be carried out on 45 healthy adult volunteers, aged between 18 to 55 years, across approximately 6 weeks. The first volunteer received the vaccine on March 16.
8. (c) Bangladesh
Bangladesh celebrated the birth centenary of its founder, Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, on March 17, 2020. He was the first President of the nation and later, he served as the Prime Minister from April 17, 1971 till his assassination on August 15, 1975.