Jagranjosh.com brings for its reader daily updated quizzes that cover the topics like India's Ambassador to Sweden, World Economic Freedom Index 2016 and Typhoon Meranti, among others.
1. Name the Nobel laureate who was honoured as the 2016 Humanitarian of the Year by the Harvard Foundation.
a) Malala Yousafzai
b) Ban-Ki Moon
c) Aung San Suu Kyi
d) None of the above
2. Who was appointed as the India's Ambassador to Sweden recently?
a) Azita Raji
b) Monika Kapil Mohta
c) H.E. Artak
d) Gulshan Singh
3. Transportation app Ola in September 2016 tied-up with which online portal for Cab Booking Interface Integration?
b) Oyo Rooms
4. Which country topped the World Economic Freedom (WEF) Index 2016?
a) Hong Kong
c) New Zealand
5. India stood at which position in the World Economic Freedom (WEF) Index 2016?
6. Joint Sea-2016 naval exercise was conducted between which of the following countries?
a) India and Russia
b) India and China
c) China and Russia
d) China and United States
7. Who has been appointed as the Chairman of Life Insurance Corporation of India recently?
a) Usha Pal
b) Usha Sangwan
c) VK Sharma
d) Nitin Srivastav
8. Which of the following countries was recently hit by Typhoon Meranti?
9. Name the place where the Giant African Land Snail (GALS), listed as one of the world’s 100 most invasive species by the IUCN, was spotted recently.
a) Mumbai University
b) VIT University
c) Goa University
d) Sambalpur University
10. International Day of Peace was observed across the world on 21 September 2016 with theme
a) The Sustainable Development Goals: Building Blocks for Peace
b) Partnerships for Peace - Dignity for All
c) Sustainable Peace for a Sustainable Future
d) Disarmament and non-proliferation
11. Which of the following is not part of the 27 cities that was chosen under the Smart Cities list that was released in September 2016?
12. Name the institute whose scientists have developed spectroscopic technique that will help in identifying the signs of life at Mars.
a) Massachusetts Institute of Technology
b) University of Cambridge
c) New York University
d) University of Oxford
13. Name the Indian shooter who won the gold in the junior men's 25m rapid fire pistol event at the junior men's 25m rapid fire pistol event at Gabala in Azerbaijan.’
a) Nishant Bhardwaj
b) Arjun Das
c) Rushiraj Barot
d) Arjun Babuta
14. The two-day North East Connectivity Summit is being held in which city?
15. Name the state that objected to Genetically-Modified (GM) mustard from being considered for commercial cultivation in India.
d) Tamil Nadu
1. (c) Aung San Suu Kyi
2. (b) Monika Kapil Mohta
3. (c) Yatra.Com
4. (a) Hong Kong
5. (a) 112th
6. (c) China and Russia
7. (c) VK Sharma
8. (a) China
9. (c) Goa University
10. (a) The Sustainable Development Goals: Building Blocks for Peace
11. (b) Kolkata
12. (a) Massachusetts Institute of Technology
13. (c) Rushiraj Barot
14. (c) Agartala
15. (a) Kerala
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.