The recap of the day covers important current affairs of the day like Pakistan’s little master, fourth consecutive Gold of Phelps in same event and first state to ratify the The Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014 among others.
• The legendary Pakistani cricketer, often dubbed as Little Master, who passed away recently is - Hanif Mohammad
• The swimmer who became the first swimmer to win four consecutive gold medals in same event is - Michael Phelps
• Sriram Rajamani is appointed as the Managing Director of Microsoft India Research Lab, which is located in - Bengaluru
• The first state to ratify The Constitution (122nd Amendment) (GST) Bill, 2014 is - Assam
• The Chinese player who won gold medal in Table Tennis at Rio Olympics and also became the fifth male player to complete the Grand Slam is – Ma Long
• Theme of the International Meeting on Counter Terrorism held in Bali, Indonesia was - Countering Cross Border Movement of Terrorism
• The Authority that has decided to create a Special Purpose Vehicle SPV for operation and maintenance of its green projects including those related to parks, nature reserves and eco-friendly corridors - Delhi Development Authority
• Sri Lanka's parliament approved the establishment of office of missing persons (OMP) to investigate incidents of people reported missing during and soon after - the war against LTTE
• The country’s Anti-monopoly watchdog ruled that Google would have to pay a 6.8 million dollar fine, for pre-installing applications on mobile devices running its Android operating system – Russia
• The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (HUPA) on 11 August 2016 approved construction of over 37013 houses for the urban poor with an investment of 1491 crore rupees in - Karnataka and Haryana
• Consortium of the government entities that made the proposal of R&D project for development of Advanced Ultra Super Critical (AUSC) Technology for Thermal Power Plants are- BHEL, NTPC and IGCAR
• The Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 that was passed by Rajya Sabha increases the availability of the maternity benefit by how many weeks from the date of expected delivery – Eight
• The Maternity Benefit (Amendment) Bill, 2016 that was passed by Rajya Sabha wants to amend the Maternity Benefit Act of the year – 1961
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.