Current Affairs Today Headline- 17 May 2022
Find here Today's Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 17 May 2022.
- Active COVID-19 cases dip to 16,400 in India, as per Union Health Ministry.
- SC to hear plea on Gyanvapi mosque complex matter today
- US Special Coordinator for Tibetan Issues Uzra Zeya arrives in Delhi.
- President Ram Nath Kovind inaugurates an 'India-Jamaica Friendship Garden' at the Hope Gardens Jamaica.
- Wheat prices surged to a record high on May 16 after India decided to ban exports of the commodity as a heatwave hit production.
- A massive fires breaks out in the Niaka, Panjgrain & Ghambir Mughlan forest areas on May 16.
- Assam: Floods, landslides affect 1.97 lakh people across 20 districts.
- Southwest monsoon advanced into the Andaman and Nicobar islands on May 16, as per India Meteorological Department said, signalling the start of the four-month seasonal rains crucial for the largely agri-dependent economy.
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented a symbolic gift of cricket kits to Jamaica Cricket Association, as a mark of cricket cooperation between the two nations.
- Karnataka CM announces Rs 5 lakh reward for Thomas Cup winner Lakshya Sen
- DC's Axar Patel becomes 9th spinner to scalp 100 wickets in IPL
- IPL 2022: Delhi Capitals enter top 4 after beating PBKS by 17 runs in must-win match.
- French PM Castex resigns, France's president appoints Elisabeth Borne as the country's new prime minister.
- Sweden has officially announced it will apply for NATO membership.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin says that while he does not see Finland and Sweden's decision to join NATO as a threat, deployment of military infrastructure there will trigger a response from Moscow.
- The European Commission has sharply cut its 2022 eurozone growth forecast to 2.7% amid sky high energy prices due to Russia-Ukraine war.
- Sri Lankan PM Ranil Wickremesinghe informed on May 16 that only a day's petrol stock is left in the country; added, "We managed to bring in a diesel shipment yesterday.”
- Ukrainian military declares end to ‘combat mission’ in Mariupol as more than 260 fighters evacuated from last holdout of the troops in Azovstal steel complex.
- US Supreme Court rules against Indian citizen.
- US announces easing visa, family remittance restrictions for Cuba
- Chilean director Nicolás López, one of the country's highest-profile filmmakers, sentenced to five years in prison for sexual abuse against two actresses.
- Jet Airways, which is set to conduct its final phase of proving flights tomorrow, is expected to get its Air Operator Certificate revalidated this week.
- McDonald's starts process of selling its business in Russia.
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk has hinted that he would like to pay less for Twitter than his $44 billion offer made last month.
- The price of CNG in the national capital has been hiked by Rs 2 per kg, the 12th increase in rates in just over two months.
- French automaker Renault hands over its Russian assets to the Russian government, both parties announced on May 16.
Read Also: Current Affairs Today Headline- 16 May 2022
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS