India's ace Squash player Dipika Pallikal on 20 October 2013 won the Macau Open title at Macau, China.
In the title clash Dipika stunned former World Number One Rachel Grinham of Australia, 12-10, 5-11, 11-7, 11-9. This was Dipika Pallikal's seventh Women's Squash Association title.
The Macau Open 2013 is a squash tournament held in Macau, China on 15 to 20 October 2013. It is part of the PSA World Tour and the WSA World Tour. The prize money for the Macau Open is 35000 Dollars.
About Dipika Pallikal
• Dipika Pallikal (Born on 21 September 1991 at Chennai) is an Indian squash player. She is the first Indian woman to break into the top 10 in the WSA rankings.
• She is also first squash player to receive prestigious Arjuna Award from Government of India.
• Her first WSA World Tour title came in 2010 at the Indian Challenger No5 as she beat the top two Sharon Wee and Emma Beddoes.
• In 2013 Pallikal claimed the Meadowood Pharmacy Open title in Canada in February for her sixth WSA title.
• Dipika Pallikal’s present world rank is 17 (Dated 21 October 2013). Highest World Ranking:10 (December 2012)
Who: Dipika Pallikal
When: 20 October 2013
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.