Etihad Aviation Group on 24 April 2017 appointed Robin Kamark as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Airline Equity Partners.
Kamark will take over the position from Bruno Matheu, who has held the role since May 2016.
Kamark will be responsible for leading and developing the Group’s minority equity investment strategy, which includes stakes in airberlin, Alitalia, Jet Airways, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Etihad Regional and Virgin Australia.
About Robin Kamark
• Robin Kamark is a 17-year veteran of the airline industry.
• He rose through a range of strategy, commercial and general manager roles at SAS Group to become Chief Commercial Officer.
• For the last five years, he has been Executive Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer of Storebrand ASA.
About Etihad Airways
• Etihad Airways is the second-largest airline of the UAE after Emirates.
• Its head office is in Khalifa City, Abu Dhabi.
• Etihad commenced operations in November 2003.
• As of July 2016, the airline operates more than 1000 flights per week to over 120 passenger and cargo destinations in the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Americas.
• As of 12 October 2016, Etihad Airways is rated as one of a small number of 5-star airlines by Skytrax.
Who: Robin Kamark
When: 24 April 2017