The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) announced on 1 April 2016 that it has inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Australia India Business Council (AIBC). The MoU aims at strengthening and promoting business ties with Australia.
The agreement was signed in the presence of the visiting Finance Minister Arun Jaitley during the Invest in India Round Table Conference in Melbourne, Australia.
Key highlights of the MoU
• The agreement reinvigorates the ongoing relationship between the two organisations to further promote, facilitate and grow the trade and investment relationship between India and Australia.
• It also solidifies the partnership for the upcoming Engaging with India conference, which will be held on 16 May and 17 May 2016.
About Australia India Business Council
The AIBC is a national membership organisation with active chapters in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and Canberra.
It maintains close relationships with federal and state government agencies, the diplomatic corps and industry bodies.
AIBC activities in Australia and India include:
• Policy and business planning initiatives with major stakeholders including the Indian government, Federal and State governments of Australia, major trade and investment bodies.
• Organising targeted Australian business delegations to India.
• Hosting Indian business delegations in Australia.
• The Annual Australia India Addresses with high profile speakers.
• Indian Budget & Economic Updates for members.
• Major business events with dignitaries from India and Australia.
• Business networking events for the members to build partnerships with India.
• Business information and educational events for the members.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: FICCI and AIBC
What: Signed MoU