The first meeting of the Sub-Group of Chief Ministers on Swachh Bharat Mission (SBM) was held on 30 April 2015 at NITI Aayog in New Delhi. The meeting was chaired by Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh N Chandrababu Naidu who is the convener of the sub group.
Highlights of the meeting
• It discussed robust institutional mechanisms for effective implementation of the mission.
• It prepared guidelines and process chart to work on the subject.
• It decided to recommend measures for technological support, including solid waste management in rural and urban areas.
• It decided to constitute a working group headed by NITI Aayog’s Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to study the best practices showing alternative methods and best technology.
• It examined the need of sending some members to other countries to study sanitation practices
• Technologies from other countries would also be imported and modified to suit the country’s requirements.
As per the term of reference, the sub-group will examine the financial requirements for the comprehensive implementation of SBM and suggest measures for meeting budgetary needs.
It will also examine models of private sector participation in the SBM and suggest ways to substantially improve participation of private sector and civil society organisations for effective implementation of the programme.
The final report on Swachh Bharat would be submitted to the Union Government by end of June 2015.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Where: New Delhi
When: 30 April 2015