The Fourth India-China Joint Training Exercise Hand-in-Hand 2014 began at Aundh Military Station in Pune, Maharashtra on 17 November 2014. The exercise will end on 25 November 2014.
The 12 day Indo-China joint exercise is aimed to acquaint both the armies with each other’s operating procedures in the backdrop of counter terrorism environment.
Objective of the Military Exercise Hand-in-Hand 2014
• To enhance confidence and trust between the two armies that may be called upon to grapple with anti terrorism operations even under the UN mandate
• To uphold the values of Peace, Prosperity and Stability in the region by jointly eradicating terrorism
• To develop mutual understanding and respect for each other’s military
The Chinese contingent for the exercise comes from 13 Group Army, Chengdu Military Region and comprises an infantry company along with supporting staff.
Past military exercises between Indian and Chinese Army
• 1st edition was held in 2007 in China
• 2nd edition was held in 2008 in Belgaum, Karnataka
• 3rd edition was held in 2013 in China
The exercise between the two of the world’s largest and modern armies to tackle the world wide phenomenon of terrorism is indicative of the growing realization that the most dangerous enemy of world peace today is the growing specter of international terrorism.