Future Group in the first week of April 2016 acquired Rocket Internet’s online furniture platform FabFurnish for 20 crores rupees. It is the Future Group’s first acquisition of an e-commerce portal.
The all-cash transaction will see Future Group bring its entire portfolio of home furnishings and decor business under the FabFurnish brand, making it the largest home furnishings and decor business in the country.
About Future Group
• Future Group is an Indian private conglomerate, headquartered in Mumbai.
• The company is known for having a significant prominence in Indian retail and fashion sectors, with popular supermarket chains like Big Bazaar and Food Bazaar, lifestyle stores like Brand Factory.
• FabFurnish.com is an Indian furniture and home décor retailer selling furniture, furnishings, décor and kitchenware.
• The company retails online, and has partner showrooms in India.
• The company is headquartered in Gurgaon, NCR.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Acquired by Future Group
When: First week of April 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.