The Government eMarketplace (GeM) SPV and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on 14 August 2017 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish GeMSamvad, a GeM -Industry forum.
GeMSamvad will be a participative and collaborative approach with the industry for promoting Indian industry and entrepreneurship.
The MoU was signed by S Radha Chauhan, CEO of GeM and Chandrajit Banerjee, DG of CII.
Highlights of the MoU
• GeM and CII will work together to create GeM related awareness and onboard industry members from across the country.
• It also includes creation of GeM-Industry Forum for collaboration with the Indian Industry for seeking inputs on the technical specifications of products.
• It calls for improving the quality of products procured from the MSMEs and organize annual Public Procurement Convention of all stakeholders.
• It also calls for setting up of GeM Resource Centres at CII Regional Offices.
About Government eMarketplace (GeM)
• The Government eMarketplace was established by Directorate General of Supplies and Disposal (DGS&D) to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments and Organizations.
• GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement.
• It provides the tools of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to facilitate the government users to achieve the best value for their money.
• The purchases through GeM have been made mandatory by Union Finance Ministry by adding Rule No 149 in the General Financial Rules, 2017.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider