GeM and CII sign MoU to establish GeMSamvad
GeM and CII will work together to create GeM related awareness and onboard industry members from across the country.
The Government eMarketplace (GeM) SPV and the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) on 14 August 2017 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to establish GeMSamvad, a GeM -Industry forum.
GeMSamvad will be a participative and collaborative approach with the industry for promoting Indian industry and entrepreneurship.
The MoU was signed by S Radha Chauhan, CEO of GeM and Chandrajit Banerjee, DG of CII.
Highlights of the MoU
• GeM and CII will work together to create GeM related awareness and onboard industry members from across the country.
• It also includes creation of GeM-Industry Forum for collaboration with the Indian Industry for seeking inputs on the technical specifications of products.
• It calls for improving the quality of products procured from the MSMEs and organize annual Public Procurement Convention of all stakeholders.
• It also calls for setting up of GeM Resource Centres at CII Regional Offices.
About Government eMarketplace (GeM)
• The Government eMarketplace was established by Directorate General of Supplies and Disposal (DGS&D) to facilitate online procurement of common use Goods & Services required by various Government Departments and Organizations.
• GeM aims to enhance transparency, efficiency and speed in public procurement.
• It provides the tools of e-bidding, reverse e-auction and demand aggregation to facilitate the government users to achieve the best value for their money.
• The purchases through GeM have been made mandatory by Union Finance Ministry by adding Rule No 149 in the General Financial Rules, 2017.