Microsoft appointed on 30 October 2013 Gurdeep Singh Pall as the corporate vice president of Skype, a popular and free international voiceover and messaging service and Lync communications product. He will replace the Mark Gillett.
About Gurdeep Singh Pall
• Gurdeep Singh Pall, 46, born in Chandigarh.
• He completed his engineering degree in computer science from the Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITS), Pilani.
• He also holds a master's degree in computer science from the University of Oregon.
• He has more than 20 patents (in process or approved) in networking, VoIP and collaboration areas.
• He is on the board of trustees of Ashesi University, Ghana.
• He joined in Microsoft Company in January 1990 as a software design engineer.
• He worked on many breakthrough products in his tenure, starting with LAN Manager Remote Access Service.
• He was part of the Windows NT development team and led design and implementation of core networking technologies.
• He was named one of the "15 Innovators & Influencers Who Will Make A Difference" in 2008 by Information Week.
• He co-authored "Institutional Memory Goes Digital", which was published by Harvard Business Review as part of Breakthrough Ideas for 2009 and subsequently presented at the World Economic Forum 2009 in Davos.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.