Odisha-born bureaucrat Guruprasad Mohapatra was on 15 July 2016 appointed as the Chairman of Airports Authority of India (AAI) with effect from 19 July 2016.
Guruprasad Mohapatra is a 1986 batch IAS officer of Gujarat cadre.
About Guruprasad Mohapatra
• Prior to the recent posting, he was posted as Joint Secretary in Union Ministry of Commerce.
• Mohpatra also served the Sales Tax department as Special Commissioner (Enforcement), and as a Commissioner of Commercial Taxes and as the Commissioner of Transport.
• He was the Joint MD of Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC) during his service in Gujarat.
• He had also served as Municipal Commissioner of Ahmedabad for over three years.
• He started in the State Electricity Sector with the erstwhile Gujarat Electricity Board in 2002 and worked with various Electricity Companies such as GSEC and the distribution companies such as PGVCL, DGVCL & UGVCL.
• He is an MA in Political Science, MPhil in Diplomacy (International Relation) and also an MBA degree holder.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Guruprasad Mohapatra
When: 15 July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.