The state cabinet of Haryana on May 30, 2018 approved a comprehensive affordable housing policy - 'Housing for all-2018' for core areas of municipalities in the state.
For the implementation of the policy, the Town and Country Planning Department would be delegating the power under the Haryana Development and Regulations of Urban area Act, 1975 to the Urban Local Bodies Department.
• According to the policy for core areas, projects would be allowed in core areas of municipal towns with an area of minimum one acre and maximum five acres, while the floor area ratio (FAR) should be 250 and for 2.5 to 5 acres, it should be 275.
• The allotment rate has been fixed at Rs 4,000 per sq ft in hyper potential zones, Rs 3,000 per sq ft in high potential zones, Rs 2,500 for medium potential zones and Rs 2,100 per sq ft in low potential zones.
• The identified beneficiaries would be provided financial assistance of Rs 2.5 lakh, out of which Rs 1.5 lakh would be from the centre and Rs 1 lakh from the state.
• As only a limited number of projects shall be allowed under this policy and the sale is to be effected at a predetermined rate, the license fees and internal development charges would be waived off.
• However, scrutiny fees would be levied at prescribed rates.
• Further, to minimize the impact of external development charges rates (EDC) on the viability of such projects, the rates and schedule of EDC applicable on plotted colonies shall be levied.
In the allotment procedure, the first preference would be given to physically handicapped people, senior citizens, scheduled castes, scheduled tribes, other backward classes, minorities, single women, transgenders and other weaker and vulnerable sections of the society.
Besides this, the Haryana cabinet has decided to revise water rates for irrigation purpose and other purposes with the amendment of Haryana Canal and Drainage Rules, 1976. The rates for irrigation purposes are being revised after a long gap of 18 years.
The cabinet also approved the enhancement of petty grant of MLAs from Rs 3 lakh to Rs 15 lakh per annum from the current financial year.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
Who: Haryana Cabinet
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.