Health Ministry launches National Health Resource Repository project
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda has launched the National Health Resource Repository. This resource repository shall enable advanced research towards ongoing & forthcoming healthcare challenges arising from other determinants of health such as disease and environment.
Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare J P Nadda launched the National Health Resource Repository (NHRR) on June 19, 2018 in New Delhi. The repository is India’s first ever national healthcare facility registry of authentic, standardised and updated geo-spatial data of all public and private healthcare establishments.
The Minister also released the National Health Profile (NHP)-2018 prepared by the Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI) on the occasion. The E-book of the annual document was also released. The National Health Profile covers demographic, socio-economic, health status and health finance indicators, along with comprehensive information on health infrastructure and human resources in health.
The National Health Profile is a very important tool as it has helped in designing various programmes such as free drugs and diagnostics and Mission Parivar Vikas.
In recent years, India has shown substantial progress on several indicators. India’s national health indicators like Infant Mortality Rate (IMR), Maternal Maternity Rate (MMR) and Total Fertility Rate (TFR) are declining faster than the world’s pace.
The project envisions strengthening of evidence-based decision making and developing a platform for citizen and provider-centric services by creating a robust, standardised and secured IT-enabled repository of India’s healthcare resources.
NHRR will be the ultimate platform for comprehensive information of both, private and public healthcare establishments including Railways, ESIC, defence and petroleum healthcare establishments.
Under the Collection of Statistics Act 2008, over 20 lakh healthcare establishments such as hospitals, doctors, clinics, diagnostic labs, pharmacies and nursing homes would be enumerated under this census capturing data on over 1,400 variables.
Objective: This resource repository shall enable advanced research towards ongoing & forthcoming healthcare challenges arising from other determinants of health such as disease and environment.
• The Central Bureau of Health Intelligence (CBHI) has actively engaged with key stakeholders including leading Associations, Allied Ministries and several private healthcare service providers.
• Approximately 4,000 trained professionals are dedicatedly working to approach every healthcare establishment for information collection.
• The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) is the project technology partner adhering to paramount data security.
The expected outcomes include:
• Providing comprehensive data on all health resources including private doctors, health facilities, chemists, and diagnostics labs.
• Establishing a National Health Resource Repository for evidence-based decision making, in line with digital India mission.
• Enhancing the coordination between central and state government for optimisation of health resources.
• Improving data accessibility at all levels including State Head of Departments, thus, decentralising the decision making at district and state level.
The project would create a reliable, unified registry of Country’s healthcare resources showing the distribution pattern of health facilities and services between cities and rural areas.
It would generate real-world intelligence to identify gaps in health and service ratios and ensure judicious health resource allocation and management.
It would also identify key areas of improvement by upgrading existing health facilities or establishing new health facilities keeping in view the population density, geographic nature, health condition and distance.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS