Hiroshi Yamauchi, the third president of Nintendo, died on 19 September 2013 in Japan. He was 85 years old and died because of pneumonia. He is the mastermind behind the most popular Nintendo game, Super Mario. Nintendo is a maker of Super Mario and Pokemon games along with Wii U home console. Nintendo was formed in the year 1889. He is survived by Katsuhito Yamauchi, his eldest son.
Life History of Hiroshi Yamauchi
• Hiroshi Yamauchi was born in Kyoto on 7 November 1927.
• He ran Nintendo for over 50 years. During his link with Nintendo, he transitioned the Japanese company from traditional playing-card maker to video game giant.
• He owned the Seattle Mariners, the major league baseball club. He later sold it the US unit of Nintendo in the year 2004.
• Hiroshi Yamauchi remained the President of Nintendo from 1949 to 2002.
• He developed Game Boy portables as well as Family Computer consoles.
• Hiroshi Yamauchi is one of the richest men in Japan. As of April 2013, according to the Forbes, his net worth was 2.1 Billion US Dollar. He was the 491st richest man of the world.
• He is the man behind creating some of the most popular Nintendo characters such as Super Mario and Donkey Kong.