India on 21 February 2017 defeated South Africa by one run to win the ICC Women’s World Cup Qualifier 2017 at the P. Sara Stadium, Sri Lanka.
Set to chase 245, India had all but lost its way after a flurry of wickets. However, stand-in captain Harmanpreet Kaur kept her cool to score the nine runs required off the last over from pace bowler Marcia Letsoala.
South Africa’s Sune Luus is named as the Player of the Series, while India’s Deepti Sharma is the Player of the Match.
About 2017 ICC Women's Cricket World Cup Qualifier
• The 2017 ICC Women's Cricket World Cup Qualifier was an international women's cricket tournament.
• The tournament was held from 7 to 21 February 2017 in Colombo, Sri Lanka.
• It was the final stage of the qualification process for the 2017 World Cup in England.
• The tournament was the 4th edition of the World Cup Qualifier. It was also the first World Cup Qualifier tournament to be held in Sri Lanka.
• Along with India and South Africa, both Sri Lanka and Pakistan have also qualified for the 2017 Women's Cricket World Cup.
• Bangladesh and Ireland kept their ODI status until 2021 by virtue of them reaching the Super Six stage of the tournament.
The qualified teams that will participate in the 2017 World Cup are:
• India (Bottom 4 of ICC Women's Championship)
• South Africa (Bottom 4 of ICC Women's Championship)
• Pakistan (Bottom 4 of ICC Women's Championship)
• Sri Lanka (Bottom 4 of ICC Women's Championship)
• Zimbabwe (Africa regional qualifier)
• Thailand (Asia regional qualifier)
• Papua New Guinea (East Asia-Pacific regional qualifier)
• Scotland (Europe regional qualifier)
• Bangladesh (automatic qualification – ODI status)
• Ireland (automatic qualification – ODI status)
When: 21 February 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.