India and Slovak Republic on 13 August 2015 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on technical cooperation in railway sector. The MoU was signed in New Delhi by Ganga Ram Agarwal, Secretary of Railway Board of India and Zigmund Bertok, Ambassador of Slovak Republic to India.
The potential cooperation areas mentioned in the MoU are:
• Infrastructure building and management– station development and workshop modernisation
• Information & communication technologies especially for passenger amenities
• Modernisation of rolling stock
• Modernisation of Signaling & Telecom
• Any other area mutually agreed between the Parties, falling within the scope of this MoU
The MoU will be valid for a period of two years and after completion of valid term, it will be automatically renewed for further successive period of two years at a time.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
What: Signed MoU
When: 13 August 2015
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.