India, Tanzania signed five agreements
MoU on Cooperation in the field of water resource management and development was inked between the two countries.
India and Tanzania on 10 July 2016 inked five agreements to enhance the bilateral cooperation between the two nations.
These agreements were signed during Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Tanzania from 9 July to 10 July 2016.
List of MOUs/Agreements
• MoU on Cooperation in the field of water resource management and development between the two countries.
• MoU on Visa waiver agreement for Diplomatic/Official passport holders between the two countries.
• Agreement on Joint Action Plan (JAP) between National Small Industries Corporation of India (NSIC) and Small Industries Development Organization Tanzania (SIDO).
• MoU for Establishment of Vocational Training Centre at Zanzibar.
• LOC of 92 million US dollar for rehabilitation and improvement of water supply system in Zanzibar.
During the visit to Tanzania, Modi met Tanzania’s President John Pombe Joseph Magufuli. During the meet, the two leaders agreed to work closely, bilaterally, regionally and globally to combat the twin threats of terrorism and climate change.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App