Jean-Julien Rojer from the Netherlands and Horia Tecau from Romania on 4 March 2017 won the Dubai Tennis Championships Men’s Doubles title. It is the 13th doubles title of the duo.
Rojer and Tecau defeated India’s Rohan Bopanna and Poland’s Marcin Matkowski 4–6, 6–3, [10–3] in the finals to grab the title.
The Dubai Tennis Championships was the second final for Bopanna in the year 2017. He had started the season by winning the Chennai Open with compatriot Jeevan Nedunchezhiyan.
About Dubai Tennis Championships
• The Dubai Tennis Championships is a professional tennis tournament.
• It is owned and organized by Dubai Duty Free and held annually in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
• It is held on outdoor hardcourts.
• The championship usually takes place at the end of February.
• It takes place under the patronage of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and ruler of Dubai.
• In 2001, the Association of Tennis Professionals upgraded the tournament from a 250 level to a more prestigious 500 level tournament.
• In 2016, the Dubai Tennis Championships Men’s Doubles title was won by Simone Bolelli and Andreas Seppi.
• The 2017 Dubai Tennis Championships Women’s Singles is won by Elina Svitolina.
• The 2017 Dubai Tennis Championships Women’s Doubles title is won by Ekaterina Makarova and Russia Elena Vesnina.
When: 4 March 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.