Karan Thapar Chosen for IPI-India Award for Excellence in Journalism 2013
Karan Thapar, television journalist chosen for the International Press Institute (IPI) – India award for excellence in journalism 2013.
Karan Thapar, television journalist chosen for the International Press Institute (IPI) – India award for excellence in journalism 2013 on 8 October 2013 for his interviews on the Devil's Advocate programme on CNN IBN.
He was selected by a distinguished jury of editors and publishers headed by the former Chief Justice of India, A. S. Anand. The members of the jury included IPI-India Chairman and The Hindu Editor N Ravi, PTI Editor-in-Chief M K Razdan, Business Standard Chairman and Chief Editor T N Ninan and Malyala Manorama Senior Assistant Editor Riyad Mathew.
Previous winners of the International Press Institute award include The Indian Express, NDTV, Outlook, Tehelka, Tribune and The Week.
About Karan Thapar
• Karan Thapar is an Indian television commentator and interviewer.
• He is conducting programmes like Devil's Advocate, The Last Word on CNN-IBN and India Tonight on CNBC TV 18.
• He also wrote books like Face To Face India - Conversations With Karan Thapar, Sunday Sentiments, Wisdom Tree, More Salt Than Pepper - Dropping Anchor With Karan Thapar, Harper Collins,
About the International Press Institute
• The IPI was founded in October 1950.
• Its members are spread in over 120 countries.
• The International Press Institute is a global network of editors, media executives and leading journalists.
•It is the institute dedicated to safeguarding the freedom of press, the protection of freedom of opinion and expression, the promotion of the free flow of news and information, and the improvement of the practices of journalism.