Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on 28 August 2017 launched the host city logo for Kochi, one of the venues of FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017.
The logo launched by the CM represents Kochi’s identity and will also serve as a valuable tool in linking the local community in a global World Cup.
Alongside the FIFA U-17 World Cup India official emblem, the logo for Kochi venue will form a crucial link in the promotions and communications regarding the host city.
The tournament will be hosted in the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium of the city.
• In October 2016, Kochi became the first Indian city to be officially declared as one of the venues for hosting the 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup.
• In February 2017, the official Mascot of the FIFA U-17 World Cup India 2017 was unveiled at Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.
• The Official Mascot is a clouded leopard called Kheleo. The clouded leopard is a vulnerable wild cat whose habitat extends from the Himalayan foothills to mainland Southeast Asia.
• In May 2017, ticket sales for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup 2017 were officially launched at New Delhi’s Jawahar Lal Nehru Stadium.
About 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup
• The 2017 FIFA U-17 World Cup will be the 17th edition of the FIFA U-17 World Cup, the biennial international men's youth football championship contested by the U17 national teams of the member associations of FIFA.
• The tournament will be hosted by India between 6 and 28 October 2017.
• This will be the first FIFA tournament hosted by India.
• The final will be held at the Salt Lake Stadium in Kolkata on 28 October 2017.
When: 28 August 2017
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider