Lou Reed, the poet of rock ‘n’ roll, passed away on 27 October 2013 at Southampton, New York, United States. He was 71 years old. He died because of an illness associated to liver transplant which took place recently.
Life History of Lou Reed
• Lou Reed was born on 2 March 1942 at Brooklyn, New York City, United States.
• He remained a crucial solo performer for various years. He started off with his solo career in the year 1972.
• In the year 1973, he got his hit with Walk on the Wild Side.
• His songs were covered by R.E.M., Nirvana, Patti Smith and various others.
• Rock movements of 1970s, 80s and 90s such as the Punk and the New Wave, are credited to his name.
• His first Velvet Underground record sold 30000 copies in first 5 years.
• Lou Reed was known popularly for his unique deadpan voice, poetic lyrics as well as for pioneering and coining the term called Ostrich Guitar Tuning.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.