MS Dhoni on 25 January 2014 became the first captain to be involved in four tied One Day International matches. Indian cricket team captain achieved this feat in Auckland, while playing third ODI match against New Zealand. The third match of India-New Zealand ODI series that tied by the end is the first tied game between the two countries in ODI.
The last three tied matches Dhoni has played are
• ICC World Cup 2011 match in Bangalore against England
• ODI match played on 11 September 2011 at Lords against England
• ODI match played in February 2012 at Adelaide against Sri Lanka
Other cricketers who have faced tied matches in three cases are
• Richie Richardson of West Indies
• Steve Waugh of Australia
• Shaun Pollock of South Africa
Till date, India has been featured in seven tied games in ODIs of which two games are against Zimbabwe and England respectively. Other three matches were played against New Zealand, Sri Lanka and West Indies. New Zealand has participated in six tied ODI games till now.
The ODI history has seen three games that have produced totals of 300 or more from both the sides. The three occasions are
• New Zealand against India at Auckland on 25 January 2014
• India against England at Bangalore on 27 February 2011
• England against New Zealand at Napier on 20 February 2008
Who: MS Dhoni
When: 25 January 2014