Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Minority Affairs & Parliamentary Affairs, on 29 July 2017 launched the Jiyo Parsi Publicity Phase-2 in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
While launching the Phase-2, Naqvi said that Parsi community has immense contribution in nation building and Parsi community has been a “role model” for other communities for its culture and traditions. The Parsi community has given so many great people who have been “architects of nation building”.
About Jiyo Parsi scheme
• The main aim of the Jiyo Parsi scheme is to reverse the declining trend of Parsi population by adopting a scientific protocol and structured interventions.
• The scheme also aims to stabilize their population and increase the population of Parsis in India.
• The scheme has two components: Medical Assistance and Advocacy/Counselling.
• The Jiyo Parsi Publicity Phase-1 was initiated in 2013 for containing the declining trend of population of the Parsi community and reverse it to bring their population above the threshold level.
• The Phase-1 has been successful. 101 babies have been born in Parsi community through Jiyo Parsi scheme.
• The Parzor Foundation served as an important link between the Parsi community and the Union Government in success of Jiyo Parsi scheme. In addition, Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), the Bombay Parsi Punchayet (BPP) and Federation of Zoroastrian Anjumans of India have also played a key role in this regard.
• These organisations have been publicising the scheme through outreach programmes like seminars, workshops, publicity, brochures, Parsi journals and other advocacy programmes and awareness campaign.
Who: Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
When: 29 July 2017
Parliament passes Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (Second Amendment) Bill, 2018
Assam-NRC Draft can’t be basis of any action by any authority: SC
Government to soon introduce bill proposing death penalty for mob lynching
Ministry of Shipping issues new guidelines for improving treasury investment for Major Ports