Neelamani N Raju was on 31 October 2017 appointed as the first woman Director General and Inspector General of Police (DG-IGP) of Karnataka.
She succeeds R K Dutta, who retired from the service following his superannuation. She will retire in January 2020 and will serve as the Karnataka's police chief for over 2 years.
About Neelamani N Raju
• Neelamani is a 1983-batch Indian Police Service officer.
• She was previously serving as the Director General of Police - Internal Security.
• After her confirmation in 1985, she served as the SP of Bengaluru Rural district before being posted for central deputation in 1993.
• She also served as the DGP of Fire and Emergency Services, Chief of Home Guards, Civil Defence and the State Disaster Response force in Karnataka.
• She has served in the Intelligence Bureau as the Joint Director before returning to Karnataka in 2016.
• She served as Secretary in the embassy of India in Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Till date, she has worked for over 23 years in various central deputations.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.