Noted Urdu poet Nida Fazli died
His most acclaimed shers include Duniya jise kehte hain jaadu kaa khilona hai, Mil jaaye to mitti hai, kho jaaye to sona hai.
Noted Urdu Poet and well known Bollywood lyricist Nida Fazli died due to heart attack in Mumbai on 8 February 2016. He was 78.
His most acclaimed shers include Duniya jise kehte hain jaadu kaa khilona hai, Mil jaaye to mitti hai, kho jaaye to sona hai. Of a few popular film songs written by him are Aa bhi jaa (Sur), Tu is tarah se meri zindagi mein (Aap To Aise Na The) and Hosh waalon ko khabar (Sarfarosh).
His couplet, Kabhi kisi to mukammal jahan nahin milta or Kahin zameen to kahin aasman nahi milta, has become an everyday phrase for articulating the imperfect human condition in modern times.
About Nida Fazli
• Nida Fazli, the son of poet Murtaza Hasan Baidi, was born on 12 October 1938 in Delhi, to a Kashmiri family.
• At the time of partition, his parents migrated to Pakistan while young Nida preferred to stay in India.
• He moved to Mumbai at an early age in search of job and started working for 'Blitz' and 'Dharamyug'.
• He has also written several songs for Indian films.
• His poetry used both village and urban landscapes to explore nature and human relations.
Nida Fazli received various awards including
a) Khusro Award
b) Best Poetry Award from Maharashtra Urdu Academy
c) Hindi Urdu Sangam Award
d) Sahitya Akademi Award for his collection of poems, Khoya Hua Sa Kuchh in 1998
e) He was honoured with National Harmony Award for writing on communal harmony.
f) He has 24 books to his credit in Urdu, Hindi and Gujarati - some of which are assigned as school textbooks in Maharashtra.
g) He received the Mir Taqi Mir award for his autobiographical novel 'Deewaron Ke Beech'.
His works include
a) Lafzon ke Phool (collection of sher-o-shayari)
b) Mulaqaten (character-sketches)
c) Mor Naach (collected works) in 1978
d) Aankh aur Khwab ke Darmiyan
e)Safar Mein Dhuup to Hogi
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App