Novak Djokovic Clinched his 4th China Open Title; Defeated Rafael Nadal
Novak Djokovic clinched his fourth China Open title in five years on 6 October 2013 against Rafael Nadal 6-3 6-4 in the final.
Novak Djokovic clinched his fourth China Open title in five years on 6 October 2013 against Rafael Nadal 6-3 6-4 in the final. The 26-year-old Djokovic clinched the title with the 3-0 lead in the first set and taking it forward to his victory. Novak Djokovic won the same tournament earlier in 2009, 2010 and 2012. He did not participate in 2011 tournament because of injury.
About the China Open
• The China Open was earlier known as the Beijing Salem Open.
• It is the annual professional tennis tournament held in Beijing, China.
• The first men's singles and doubles events took place in the year 1993.
• In the year 1998, China Open was dropped from the ATP tour calendar. However, in the year 2004, it was reinstated in the ATP tournament.
• In the year 2006, the China Open became the first tournament outside the US to make use of the Hawk-Eye system in match play.
• Novak Djokovic is the only player who won the China Open tournament four times.
• Michael Chang has the record of consecutive wins with three titles. In the doubles, the Bryan Brothers are the only doubles pair who won the title consecutively.
• The winner of the China Open wins 557100 US Dollar as the prize money along with 500 ATP points.