Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 1 November 2016 launched the Saur Sujala Yojana in Chhattisgarh. The scheme aims at providing solar powered irrigation pumps to farmers at a subsidized price.
With the launch of the scheme, Chhattisgarh becomes the first state to implement the scheme.
Key highlights of the scheme
• Under the scheme, solar powered irrigation pumps of 3HP and 5HP capacity worth 3.5 lakh rupees and 4.5 lakh rupees respectively will be distributed to the farmers by 31 March 2019.
• The beneficiaries will also get the pumps at the subsidised price.
• Around 51000 farmers will be benefitted in the state with the launch of the scheme in next two years. The selection of the farmers will be done by the State Government’s organization, which looks after the development of renewable sources of energy.
• Priority will be given in those areas where electricity connection has not reached yet.
• The Chhattisgarh State Renewable Energy Development Agency (CREDA) will be responsible authority for the installation as well as maintenance of the solar pumping devices to the eligible farmers.
Who: Saur Sujala Yojana
When: 1 November 2016
Chhattisgarh Election Results 2018: Congress claims majority by winning 68 seats; puts an end to Raman Singh era
Chhattisgarh to rename Naya Raipur as Atal Nagar
Startup India Yatra launched in Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh government approves merger of shikshakarmi with state school education department