The President and Supreme Commander of the Indian Armed Forces Pranab Mukherjee on 26 April 2015 conferred Gallantry and Distinguished Service Awards at a solemn ceremony at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
He conferred two Kirti Chakras, including one posthumously and eleven Shaurya Chakras to Armed Forces Personnel for displaying conspicuous gallantry, indomitable courage and extreme devotion to duty. Five Shaurya Chakras were given posthumously.
The President also conferred fourteen Param Vishisht Seva Medals, three Bar to Ati Vishisht Seva Medals and twenty six Ati Vishisht Seva Medals to senior officers of the Armed Forces for distinguished service of an exceptional order.
• Naib Subedar Kosh Bahadur Gurung 1 Gorkha Rifles, 15 Rashtriya Rifles
• Subedar Ajay Vardhan 14 Garhwal Rifles (Posthumous)
• Mushtaq Ahmad, Constable, Home Deptt, Govt. of J&K (posthumous)
• Major Manohar Singh Bhati, SM Parachute Regiment, 31 Rashtriya Rifles
• Major Vishal Singh Ragahv, 18, Rashtriya Rifles
• Lieutenant Commander Kapish Singh Muwal (Posthumous)
• Sepoy Vikram, Rajput Regiment, 44 Rashtriya Rifles (Posthumous)
• Manjeet Singh, Inspector/GD, Indo Tibetan Border Police, Consulate General of India, Herat, Afghanistan
• Naik Swarup Kumar Ghorai, 20TH Battalion the Mahar Regiment
• Major Ashutosh Kumar Pandey, Rajput Regiment, 44 Rashtriya Rifles
• Major Bibhanshu Dhondiyal 5/5 Gorkha Rifles (Frontier Force)
• Paratrooper Balvinder Singh 1 Parachute Regiment (Special Force) (Posthumous)
• Lieutenant Colonel Sankalp Kumar 24 Punjab Regiment (Posthumous)