The Punjab Government on June 7, 2018 launched a ‘Business First Portal’ to give a big push towards the ease of doing business in the state. The portal was unveiled by the state’s Industry Minister Sunder Sham Arora in Jalandhar, Punjab.
While addressing the industrialists present at the launch, the Minister stated that online portal would facilitate the industrialists for regulatory clearances and fiscal approvals and real-time tracking of applications on a common platform.
• The portal aims to be a one-step solution for industrialists.
• Regulatory clearances of all departments would be integrated in the portal.
• Further, it would provide self access facility to the traders for the first time.
• The facility would enable the applicants to examine their application and enclosed documents.
• The Punjab state government would also ensure 100 per cent VAT refund to the industrialists by the end of 2018.
• The entire VAT refund would be given to the industrialists by releasing installment worth Rs 300 crore to them after every two months.
• Describing the industry as the backbone of the state’s economy, the Industry Minister said that every problem of the industrialists would be solved on top priority and the jobs under Ghar Ghar Naukri flagship program of state government could be accomplished only if the industry was developed.
• Further, the Punjab government has identified 22 industrial clusters for development of Common Facility Centers.
• Ten MOUs were also signed on the occasion with an investment of over Rs 46.50 crores.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week