Radha Mohan Singh, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare, on 23 March 2017, launched a Coffee Table Book titled “50 Years – The Great Indian Milk Revolution.”
The book was launched to commemorated National Dairy Development Board’s (NDDB) Golden Jubilee year.
The book summarizes NDDB's remarkable 50-year journey and the value it has created for millions of dairy farmers in India.
The book also underlines the NDDB’s belief that cooperative principles are as relevant in the present time as they were in the past. It also highlights the Board's efforts towards bringing about socio-economic change in rural India.
About National Dairy Development Board
• The National Dairy Development Board was set up by an Act of Parliament of India.
• It is an institution of national importance.
• It was founded by Dr. Verghese Kurien.
• The NDDB was created in 1965.
• Its main office is located in Anand, Gujarat.
• It subsidiaries include IDMC Limited-Anand, Mother Dairy, Delhi, NDDB Dairy Services, Delhi and Indian Immunologicals Ltd, Hyderabad.
When: 23 March 2017