Ministry of Railways on 12 June 2015 decided to run Suvidha trains with dynamic fares from July 2015. The decision to run Suvidha trains was taken to address the rush during peak travel seasons.
These trains will have dynamic fare system and there will not be any downward movement of the fare. Also, these trains may be run during peak seasons like winter rush, summer rush, Dussehra rush, Holi rush and on other occasions.
Some facts about Suvidha Trains
• Only confirmed and RAC tickets will be issued for these trains and there will be no waiting list. No concession like free passes/complimentary passes/warrant/concessional voucher will be available on these trains.
• The maximum advance reservation period will be 30 days while the minimum advance reservation period will be of 10 days.
• Full adult fare shall be changed for all passengers irrespective of their age.
• These tickets can be availed from e-ticketing as well as through PRS counters, but the traveler will have to carry his prescribed Identity Card during the journey for verification purpose
• Modification or duplicate ticket or cluster bookings or BPT will not be allowed.
• Only General quota bookings will be applicable.
• Upgradation option shall not be applicable in these trains.
• There shall be no First AC or Fist Class or Executive class or general class or 2nd sitting coach in the train composition of Suvidha Trains.
Three types of trains to be run under the Suvidha Trains services
• Fully air-conditioned services with or without stoppages: Base Price: (Rajdhani base fare + Tatkal charges).
• Mixed services having no enroute commercial stoppages on mixed Duronto pattern: Base price: (Mixed Duronto base fare + Tatkal charges).
• For mixed services having some stoppages enroute and running as Mail/Express: Base price: (Mail/Express base fare + Tatkal charges).
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.