Indian Railways on August 8, 2018 announced nine exam special trains to clear the extra rush on the eve of the first phase of the railways' computer-based exam for loco pilots and technicians.
A day earlier on August 7, the national transporter had announced three special trains-Patna-Indore-Patna, Danapur-Secunderabad and Darbhanga Secunderabad -for the exam. With the current announcement, the total number of trains announced for RRB exam 2018 went up to 11.
• Two trains would be running between Bihar's Muzaffarpur city and Secunderabad in Telangana.
• The trains will stop at Samastipur, Barauni, Mokama, Bakhtiyapur, Patna, Ara, Buxar, Dildarnagar, Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyaya, Allahabad Cheoki, Satna, Katni, Jabalpur, Itarsi, Nagpur and Balharshah stations.
• Special trains would be running between Muzaffarpur-Bhubaneshwar, Darbhanga-Bhubaneshwar, Barauni-Sikandarabad, and Danapur-Sikandarabad.
• A day after this announcement, the railways said that two more trains would run between Bihar's Muzaffarpur city and Secunderabad in Telangana.
• Nearly 48 lakh candidates will appear for the first set of the computer-based tests for 66,502 vacancies of assistant loco-pilots (ALP) and technicians.
• The exams will be conducted in a phased manner till August 31. The next set of exams is on August 10, followed by exams on August 13, 14, 17, 20, 21, 29, 30 and 31.
• The 05289 Muzaffarpur-Secunderabad special train has departed from Muzaffarpur and will arrive at Secunderabad at 1 pm on August 10.
• The return 05290 Secunderabad-Muzaffarpur train will depart Secunderabad at 9 pm on August 10 and arrive at Muzaffarpur at 2 am on August 12.
• The train between Muzaffarpur and Bhubaneshwar will depart on August 10 at 5.25 pm and reach Bhubaneshwar at 6.30 pm the next day.
• The train between Darbhanga and Bhubaneshwar will depart at 3 pm on August 11 and reach its destination at 4.30 pm the next day.
• The train between Barauni and Sikandarabad will depart at 7.05 am on August 10 and reach it's destination the next day at 11.00 pm.
• The train between Danapur and Sikandarabad will depart at 5.10 pm on August 10 and reach Sikandarabad at 2.30 pm.
The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will be conducting the Assistant Loco Pilot and Technician examination from August 9, 2018, in which nearly 48 lakh candidates will appear for the first set of the computer-based tests for 66,502 vacancies of assistant loco-pilots (ALP) and technicians.
The RRB Group C and Group D Computer Based Test (CBT) 2018 was scheduled to be conducted in the month of May.
However, it was delayed as the Railway Recruitment Boards (RRB) received large number applications.
The Railway exams are considered as one of the largest recruitment exams in the world. The 2018 Railway recruitment exams are being held after a gap of 4 years.
Earlier on August 5, 2018, the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) had released the Admit Cards of the candidates who are appearing for RRB Group C (CEN 01/2018 Loco Pilot and Railway Technician) and RRB Group D (CEN 02/2018) Computer Based Test (CBT) on its official website.
President Ram Nath Kovind’s visit to Cyprus: Key Highlights
India records best-ever performance at Asian Games 2018: In Detail
Indus Waters Treaty: India, Pakistan agree to undertake Treaty mandated tours on both sides
Vodafone-Idea merger completed; creating India’s largest telecom service provider