Railways announces recruitment for 13487 posts
The Ministry of Railways has announced recruitment for 13487 posts of Junior Engineers, Depot Material Superintendent and Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant.
The Ministry of Railways has announced recruitment for 13487 posts of Junior Engineers (JE), Junior Engineers (Information Technology), Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA).
The scale of the posts is Rs 35,400- 112400/- (Level 6) as per the 7th Central Pay Commission (CPC). The notification for the posts has been issued on the Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) website. The last date for applications for this 2 stage recruitment (1st stage- CBT, 2nd stage- Document Verification) is January 31, 2019.
• It is to be noted that the notified 13487 vacancies are spread over different railway zones and states and candidates from all over India may apply against these pan India vacancies.
• The qualifications to apply for junior engineers posts are three years diploma in specified disciplines or combination of various streams of the basic engineering disciplines from a recognised institution.
• For depot store superintendent, three years diploma in engineering in any discipline from a recognised university and institute.
• The degree in engineering disciplines will also be acceptable in lieu of diploma in engineering.
• For junior engineer (IT), PGDCA, B.Sc. (Computer Science), B.Tech (Computer Science), DOEACC ‘B’ level course of three years duration or equivalent from recognised university and institute is required qualifications for application.
• For chemical and metallurgical assistant, bachelor’s degree in science with physics and chemistry with a minimum of 45 per cent marks from a recognised university and institute is required qualification for application.
• The medical standards for various posts are A3, B1, B2, C1.
• The age criteria for the posts is 18-33 years, as on January 1, 2019.
The eligible candidates can refer to the following link for the updated information: http://indianrailways.gov.in/railwayboard/view_section_new.jsp?lang=0&id=0,4,1244