Railways Minister Suresh Prabhakar Prabhu on 27 February 2017 flagged off the first Antyodaya clan of trains and the fourth Humsafar clan of trains through video conferencing.
Sri Ganganagar - Tiruchirappalli Humsafar Express will pass through Krishnarajapuram, Pune and Ahmedabad. While, Ernakulam - Howrah Antyodaya Express will cross Salem, Katpadi and Visakhapatnam.
About Humsafar Express
• This fourth Humsafar Express will cross the entire country from North to South.
• Humsafar train is a fully Air Conditioned 3 AC service having facilities like GPS based Passenger Information System and Passenger announcement System.
• It also features fire and smoke detection and suppression system, CCTVs, comfortable seats, mobile and laptop charging points, integrated Braille display, Fire retardant curtains, etc.
• It will have stoppages at 35 stations including Hanumangarh, Bikaner, Jodhpur, Abu Road, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat, Lonavala, Pune, Belgaum, Hubballi, Birur, Arsikere, Krishnrajapuram and Bangerpet.
• It's primary maintenance will be held at Sri Ganganagar (NWR).
• Till date, 3 Humsafar Express trains have been introduced on Indian Railways.
About Antyodaya Express
• Antyodaya Express is a long-distance and fully unreserved superfast train service for the common man to be operated on dense routes.
• It will have facilities like Cushioned luggage racks which can serve as seats.
• It also features J-Hook near longitudinal luggage racks, multiple unit cables at both ends of the coach, potable drinking water dispenser, mobile charging points, fire extinguisher with anti-theft lock, modular toilets, LED lights, anti-graffiti coating for exterior painting, etc.
• Covering one way distance of 2307 km, Antyodaya Express will have stoppages at 23 stations including Kharagpur, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Palasa, Srikakulam Road, Vizianagaram, Vijaywada, Ongole, Renigunta, Katpadi, Jolarpettai, Salem, Erode, Coimbatore and Thrisur.
• It's primary maintenance will be held at Santragachi on RBPC (SER).