Rajan Anandan, Google India's Managing Director, was on 25 May 2017 appointed as the Internet and Mobile Association of India (IAMAI). Anandan will succeed FreeCharge co-founder and Chairman Kunal Shah, who took the position in January 2016.
IAMAI is the country’s leading association of digital companies. It has a membership of nearly 300 Indian and overseas companies and has its offices in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru and Kolkata.
Deep Kalra, Chairman and Group CEO of MakeMyTrip, was appointed as the Vice-Chairman of the IAMAI. Kalra will succeed Vinodh Bhat, Co-founder and President of Saavn.
Umang Bedi, Managing Director of India and South Asia at Facebook, was elected as the Treasurer, while Dr Subho Ray will continue to serve as the IAMAI president.
The tenure of this new council will be for two years.
About Rajan Anandan
• An MSc from Stanford University and a BSc from Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Anandan worked as a principal partner with McKinsey & Company in Chicago between 1992 and 2003.
• Later, he joined Dell Inc as Vice-President and was also the Executive Assistant to Michael Dell till 2004.
• In September 2008, Anandan joined Microsoft Corporation India Pvt. Ltd to head its sales and marketing operations.
• He had joined Google India as Vice-President of Sales and Operations in early 2011.
• Anandan is also a top angel investor and has invested in several internet, mobile and software startups including ZipGo, Lucideus, Omnify, POPxo, Sheroes and Unacademy.