The board of the Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) on 12 February 2017 appointed Rajesh Gopinathan as Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Managing Director (MD) of the company. The appointment is effective from 21 February 2017.
The appointment came after the elevation of N. Chandrasekaran as Tata Sons Chairman.
On the other hand, TCS also named N Ganapathy Subramaniam, the current President, TCS Financial Solutions, as the President and Chief Operating Officer. He is also appointed as a Director on the board.
About Rajesh Gopinathan
• Rajesh Gopinathan started his professional journey with TCS in 2001.
• In February 2013, he was appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of TCS.
• He played a key role in helping TCS become a USD 16.5 billion global company.
• Prior to becoming the CFO, he served as the Vice President (Business Finance). In this role, Gopinathan was responsible for the financial management of the company’s individual operating units.
About Tata Consultancy Services
• Tata Consultancy Services is an International multinational information technology service, consulting and business solutions company.
• It is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra.
• It is a subsidiary of the Tata Group.
• It is one of the largest Indian companies by market capitalization.
• Also, it is placed among the Big 4 most valuable IT services brands all over the globe.
• The company alone generates 70 per cent revenues of its parent company, Tata Sons.
• In 2015, it was ranked 64th overall in the Forbes World's Most Innovative Companies ranking. With this, it became the highest-ranked IT services company as well as the first Indian company to be ranked in the listing.
• As of December 2015, TCS is ranked 10th on the Fortune India 500 list.
Who: Rajesh Gopinathan
When: 12 February 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.