Shaheed Saman Diwas to be observed in Madhya Pradesh
The state government of Madhya Pradesh has taken the decision to observe Shaheed Saman Diwas to honour families of martyrs of Madhya Pradesh origin. The schools and government buildings located in the native village of a martyr, where he was born or his family is residing currently, will be named after him.
The Shaheed Saman Diwas will be observed in all districts of Madhya Pradesh on August 14, 2018. The state government has taken the decision to observe the day to honour families of martyrs of Madhya Pradesh origin.
The day aims to honour the families of martyrs belonging to Madhya Pradesh, who sacrificed their lives while discharging duty at the time of war, military action, internal security, Naxalite and terrorism-related activities.
The schools and government buildings located in the native village of a martyr, where he was born or his family is residing currently, will be named after him.
• To commemorate the day, the state government has organised various programmes in the memory of the martyrs at schools.
• The heroic tale of the Martyrs will be recited before the school students during the programmes.
• The Minister-in-charge of districts along with the Member of Parliament, MLA and other public representatives are expected to participate in the day’s events.
• Overall, programmes to honour 602 martyrs will be held across the state.
• While the families of 13 martyrs will be honored in a programme at Bhopal, the families of 4 Martyrs will be honoured at Sehore and Rajagarh, 3 at Raisen and one in Vidisha.
• The families of 312 martyrs of Defence, 119 martyrs of Para Military Forces, 171 of Madhya Pradesh Police will also be honoured in various districts across the state.