Simone Biles of USA on 16 August 2016 won gold in the Floor Exercise event at Rio Olympics.
The 19-year-old gymnast performed a tumbling routine on the floor, scoring an incredibly high score of 15.966.
With this, Biles has captured her fourth gold in the Olympics. She has also become one of five women to win four medals at a single Olympics in gymnastics.
American Alexandra Raisman won silver with 15.500 Great Britain’s Amy Tinkler won bronze with a score of 14.933 in the event.
On 9 August 2016, Biles won her first Olympic gold medal in the gymnastics team event. On 11 August 2016, she won the gold medal individual all-around. In the women's vault, she won her second individual gold medal with a score of 15.966. In the women's balance beam final, she grabbed bronze.
About Simone Biles
• Simone Biles is an American artistic gymnast.
• She is a three-time world all-around champion from 2013 to 2015), three-time world floor champion from 2013 to 2015, two-time world balance beam champion from 2014 to 2015, four-time United States national all-around champion from 2013 to 2016.
• She ranks as the most decorated American gymnast.
• She is the first female gymnast since Ecaterina Szabo in 1984 to win four Olympic gold medals at one Games and only the fifth overall, after Larisa Latynina, Agnes Keleti, Vera Caslavska and Szabo.
• She is the first female gymnast since Lilia Podkopayeva in 1996 to win an all around gold and an event final gold.
• She is the first American gymnast ever to win the grand slam of all-around titles: U.S. National Championships, World Championships, World Cup (American Cup) and Olympics.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Simone Biles
When: 16 August 2016